View Full Version : NR70 User, should I upgrade?
05-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi, my friends. I am a happy NR-70 user, have been since it was released. No problems with it at all (MS, hinge, etc.), and although and "older" Clie, it still outshines every other PDA that my friends or coworkers own. That being said, I am seeking advice from all of you. CompUsa has the NX60's for $299. That's hard to pass up. I think if you compare features to price ratio, it is a very good deal. I realize Sony is poised to release some new Clies soon, but doubt they would be in this price range (the $299 for the NX60). What do you guys think? Should I go with the NX60, stick with my trusty NR70, or wait for the new Clies? Thanks everyone.
05-07-2003, 12:32 PM
I had (have) the exact question. I just saw a deal here on clie source for a 2 month old NX70V w/2 year warranty, a 128 mb stick, a 512mb CF card, (with the CF driver already bought) and case, for only $320!!!! And that's of course w/o tax. That's about as much as you would pay for the NX60 alone at CompUSA! I also have an NR70 (as u can tell by my name) and am going to wait until the newer NXs come out. Others here have said that people w/ the "old" NXs will be selling theirs and there should be some pretty good deals. I have had my NR for 6 months, I bought it off eBay brand new. I love it. It does every thing I need. Now want is a different story. :D What appeals to me in my mental NR vs. NX battle is that I can have CF on my clie. I have a Kodak digital camera that takes CF and so I though that they might go nicely together. Aslo Bluetooth is nice. OS 5 is another thing. Also (even tho I have a 2.2 mp digital camera) a camera on my clie might be nice for quick pix. I almost never have my kodak w/ me unless there is a need. It would be nice 2 always have a little camera w/me. (the video mode seems appealing too) One thing that doesn't appeals to me is the 11mb storage available...but w/a 128mb stick, I can live w/it. Well that's one persons opinion for you. Hope that helps. (man, ClieSource is great, ins't it? :))
05-07-2003, 12:35 PM
I guess it's really based on what you need/want . . . hard for us to say "DO IT" when we're not (obviously :rolleyes: ) in your shoes . . .
I would still have my NR70 if it hadn't had a battery issue. As it is, I've got an NX70v, and I'm completely happy with it . . . if you're happy with your NR, why upgrade? I'd save my money and see what's coming . . .
05-07-2003, 12:37 PM
I went from the NR to the NX...
Best way I can describe it....do you know how it was the day you got your NR...well its the same feeling...at first you think everything is similar, but then you see nothing is the same...get it and don't look back!
05-07-2003, 04:55 PM
It is worth it IMHO. If your NR is in good shape you can get $250+ on eBay so you are paying $50 for an upgrade and OS5 alone is probably worth it. The NX just got a much longer life with the addition of the CF driver. Seems like a no lose situation to upgrade...
05-07-2003, 05:03 PM
05-07-2003, 05:03 PM
I use my voice recorder all the time....
The NX can take videos with sound, has a better camera, much faster and OS5, better quality components (my NR sqeaked after 1 month).
vBulletin v3.0.3, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.