PDA

View Full Version : Practically dead 665

Unregistered
01-23-2003, 07:55 AM
System won't let me post under my user account so I logged out.

My Clie is in a state of limbo. The unit will not turn on. Sitting in the cradle the orange light is on. Out of the cradle the green light shows without the screen being on as if the Hold switch was on.

I have tried a reset, a hard reset, hotsynching, removing the MS, everything that I can think of. The hard reset worked last night but the unit will not turn on after charging all night.

I think I remember an idea somewhere to let the unit drain completely and try charging again. ANother one was a defective hold switch.

Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone else go through the same?

As much as I love this PDA, I really think they could have built it better. Four years with a Palm IIIx and no problems.

mmmm_beer
01-23-2003, 12:48 PM
I had a similar problem with my T615C. It would not turn on even when fully charged. I could get it to reset every once in a while ( every 10-20 tries ), and it would appear to work for a few minutes, then it would not turn on, and resets fail, and the battery would soon be dead. I did many hard resets and it never fixed the problem. I called Sony and they wanted about $120 to fix it, since it was a refurb and the 90 day warranty was over.

I ended up just buying a T665C and haven't figured out what to do with the old T615C. I was thinking if I wait long enough, I could pick one with a broken screen really cheap, and combine them.

By the sounds of it, yours may be in a similar state, and either call Sony or get a new one.

Thomas - 665 owner
01-23-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by mmmm_beer
or get a new one. [/B]

Hmmm this one is 6 mos old. I'd rather not get another one and don't want to pay to have it fixed. Guess I'll have to check out how long the warranty lasted.

cliebloke
05-12-2003, 03:08 PM
If you decide that you have to get a new one, let me know by PM and I would be happy to help you pay for your new one in return for your old one.

matty

briandavis
05-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Try letting the battery drain completely. I had exactly the same problem the first day I got my T665 and this fixed it. Let the battery drain completely, put it on the cradle, let it charge until the light turns off, take it off the cradle, THEN turn it on. Worked for me... YMMV...