PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft ZUNE! Launched Today

JAmerican
09-14-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm not a big fan of these MP3/Video only players, but think someone should post something Microsoft's attempt to bash the iPod. Look at this photo (warning: large image). Its black Zune has a bad photoshop job...

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/zune/images/image006.jpg

JAmerican

Joel
09-14-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm still with the iPods and I don't think I'm going to switch. The ease of use, software support, and form factor are hard to beat. Plus, it works great with my Macs. :) (and soon, I'll be running with my iPod too!)

matrix42
09-16-2006, 07:19 PM
I wish MS well, there going to need it!. Nothing innovative with the Zune other than that one color! :-)

zackepceo
09-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Because brown is definitely the best colour for a consumer electronics device... ever. </sarcasm>

rfox
10-02-2006, 01:49 PM
I like the larger screen, ability to play different video formats, and the FM tuner.
But I wished it had AM.

I don't understand why radio receivers out today only play FM. How hard is it to add AM? All the sports broadcasts are transmitted over AM!

zackepceo
10-02-2006, 02:20 PM
The line for features has to be drawn somewhere. Yes, AM support might be very minimal cost, but it's yet another thing to break and require certification. Most people don't use AM. I have never had the desire to even listen to FM radio on my iPod.

JackAxe
10-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I used the FM tuner on my Nokia, when I was on a long road trip, but that's it. At that time I would've liked AM support, but only because some areas had no FM stations available. It's more of a boredom feature. ;)

The Zune's sligthly larger screen of the same rez, only means slightly larger pixels, so a slightly blurrier image. Its downfall, is it also equates to a shorter battery life. I'm suprised though, since the 30G Zune is a incy bit heavier than the 80G iPod and bulikier all around, so with its extra "gurth" should have plenty of room for a larger capacity battery.

Anyway no Click-Wheel control makes the Zune no better than my Nokia when it comes to navigating through music. And it's MS, they really don't now shite about making easy-to-use/intuitive/full-featured software, and I'm not being sarcastic. All of their stuff these days is an after thought, that's been killed by focus-groups. Besides, my Nokia like my iPod doesn't look cheap, where as the Zune looks like a cheap plastic iPod rip-off.

<]=)

HiRes
10-18-2006, 12:28 AM
If you were given the choice of either a Zen Vision M or a Zune, which would you rather buy?

zackepceo
10-18-2006, 08:05 PM
I would save my money and get something else. The Vision M is nothing but a thicker iPod remake with a thumb-killing interface, and the Zune... well, it's a Toshiba Gigabeat with Wifi.

It's also interesting to mention that with the new firmware 1.2, my iPod's battery life is much better for watching videos.

GadgetGuru05
11-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I never trust MicroSh*t products...
MAC, SONY, SONY-ERICSSON, SAMSUNG, PALM, iPOD.... I put my money on these guys...

Someone explain to me why Microshit with the unfair money that they are making can not hire some real designer, programmer like Apple, Palm, Unix etc?
Takes them forever to come with a update that doesn't make their last version worser..

Some people never learn of their mistakes.
shameful... ;-(