PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Systems OfficeSuite 7.50 Released

sfringer
04-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Just noted on the Mobile Systems site that OfficeSuite is now at version 7.50.

Not sure of the changes from 7.30 as I'm not at a system where I can install at this time.

Scott

dsaroff
04-12-2006, 01:03 PM
They added pdf viewing.

plaid
04-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Download and install now includes the free PalmPDF program. The integration with PalmPDF is great. The Mobi-systems office file browser now shows pdf files and when you open them it launches PalmPDF and shows the document. Closing the document returns you to the file browser.

sfringer
04-13-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm noting a small issue with PDF viewing. If I launch a PDF out of the OfficeSuite browser and then close PalmPDF, I return to the OfficeSuite browser as expeted. When I then tap my home button to go back to LauncherX I'm dumped to the default PalmOS app launcher. This does not seem to occur if I don't view PDFs.

I'm running on a T3.

MetaView
04-13-2006, 03:06 PM
I've send an email to Mobile Systems. Maybe they know a reason for it.

tosbsas
04-13-2006, 03:16 PM
same here - t3 with zlauncher

Only happens with pdf files

Ruben

plaid
04-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Mobile Systems does do something with the home button even before PalmPDF was included. Ever since I started using Mobile Systems office suite, when I have a document open, tapping the home icon just reloads the current file rather than going to the launcher. I have to push a different button or exit the file itself before the home icon goes to the launcher (Zlauncher in my case). So now with PalmPDF loaded maybe office forgets what to do with the button, or its coded in such a way that it specifically loads the built in launcher rather than whatever happens to be assigned to the home icon.

MetaView
04-14-2006, 04:23 PM
enotar: are you sure you were talking about the same as tosbsas? The connection works just fine for me on my TX. The only small thing is that they reassign the launcher-button to the standard launcher after the return of PalmPDF. To see if it is a dyn-mem issue, open the same file with PalmPDF, set low memory settings (50% zoom, skip large images, grayscale) and then try it with OfficeSuite.

MetaView
04-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Weird... The debug file was empty? Can you send me an email? I know I should have your email address, but can't find it. I will send you something for debugging.

Thanx
Henk