PDA

View Full Version : MSPRO Driver for NX (sony support japan)

milmber
04-10-2003, 04:14 AM
Here is the original link in japanese:

http://www.nccl.sony.co.jp/download/C-W010-007-01/index.html

and the excite translation;)

Download

Guidance of a "PEG-NX70 V-NX60 "memory stick PRO" correspondence system software update program"
(2003/04/10)

this update program -- a part of system software -- a function is updated and "memory stick PRO" is made usable

* On "memory stick PRO" in AudioPlayer Reproduction of an MP3 file

* Reproduction of the animation file on "memory stick PRO" in MoviePlayer

* Animation videotape recording of a up to [ "memory stick PRO" in MovieRecorder ]

* Reproduction of the recording of a up to [ "memory stick PRO" in VoiceRecorder ], and the voice file on "memory stick PRO"

* Personal computer connection by MSImport and MSExport

* In addition, reading and writing to "memory stick PRO" in memory stick correspondence application

http://www.nccl.sony.co.jp/products/common/info20.html Since the restriction matter when it being alike and using "memory stick PRO" is carried, please use "memory stick PRO" with this update module after confirming the contents.

Music data recorded by SonicStage Record reproduction cannot be carried out in Atrack3 form.

[Object product]

The target products [ program / this ] are as follows.

o PEG-NX70 V-NX60
(Model for Japan)

[Installation procedure]

Here The installation method using HotSync is explained.

beforehand -- installation of attachment in "KURIE" CD-ROM CLIE Palm Desktop software is installed, and it sets up so that HotSync may be made.
For details, please read the handling description of "KURIE."

Moreover, please check the availability of a main part beforehand.
the size of this update module -- about -- It is 212KB. in order to update correctly -- this -- A twice [ more than ] as many availability as this is required.
Please do update work after deleting application with an unnecessary main part, when there is not sufficient empty domain.

The following procedures perform the check of an availability.
1. The tap of the home icon of a main part is carried out, and a home screen is displayed.
2. The tap of the menu icon is carried out and "information" is chosen.
3. If the tap of the "size" of the screen lower part is carried out, an availability will be displayed on the screen upper part.
Please carry out soft reset of the "KURIE" main part before update.
Please refer to the handling description of "KURIE" for details.

The procedure of update is as follows.

* [MSProNX_jpJP.prc] is downloaded from a chestnut food port page.

When selection of opening this file from the above-mentioned place, "saving this file on a disk" is displayed by the WEB browser, please carry out selection saved on a disk, and be sure to perform after downloading in a personal computer.

* CLIE Palm Desktop is started.

* Please click "installation" icon.
An "installation tool" screen is displayed.

* The user name to be used is chosen from the "user (U):" list of "installation."

* "An addition (A)" is clicked.

* The file "MSProNX_jpJP.prc" downloaded by 1. is chosen, and "(O) to open" is clicked.

* "An end (D)" is clicked.
It is next time now. It was ready for being installed at the time of HotSync.

* A "KURIE" main part is placed on a clay dollar, and the HotSync button is pushed.
With this HotSync is performed and a file required for update is installed in "KURIE."
The details about HotSync should read the handling description of "KURIE."

* On the screen of a "KURIE" main part
"Please carry out the tap of the lower button and reset a main part."
Since the message to say is displayed, please carry out the tap of this button and reset a "KURIE" main part.
A "KURIE" main part is again reset after starting.

The update module installed above becomes effective.

In addition, when this update module is installed using a memory stick etc., please be sure to perform soft reset of a "KURIE" main part.

[The check method of installation]

The check method of whether installation was correctly completed in below is explained.

* The tap of the [CLIE Files] icon is carried out from a [home] screen.

* When the right-hand side of the best stage of a screen serves as "MS", the tap of the character of "MS" is carried out and a "main part" is chosen.

* The tap of the icon at the upper right of an item column is carried out. It sets up so that version information may be displayed.

* A list is made to scroll and it checks that the following name and each version are displayed.

DB name Version
3452MSLib 2.10
3452Slot 2.20
SCSILib 1.20
PXA250UsbLd 1.21
Avx VFSSrc 1.1
StatusBar 1.11
FATFS 5.01
CardInfo 4.5S

avanderbilt
04-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Cool.

I wonder what this really said:

* [MSProNX_jpJP.prc] is downloaded from a chestnut food port page.

NakMan
04-10-2003, 09:12 AM
I couldn't tell from this translation if the update goes in RAM or flash. I'm assuming RAM...

This isn't really good IMO since I've had a couple of hard resets since I got my MS Pro (the hard resets were not caused by the use of the MS Pro). Since the update that allows even seeing anything on the MS Pro is now not resident (due to the hard reset), I can't restore my backup from the MS Pro. I have to restore an old backup from a regular MS that has the update patch, then insert the MS Pro and restore its backup which is what I really want.

I really hope this goes in flash. Of course, I could always see if the pertinent updates can go in flash using JackFlash.

NakMan

n2ifp
04-10-2003, 09:17 AM
The MS Pro driver is for the Japanese units only. Others have tried it to no avail. The version for the other Clies will probably be out shortly.

NakMan
04-10-2003, 09:36 AM
Oh, I can see how you would have thought I intended on installing the Japanese update by what I wrote.

I'm obviously going to wait for the US release, but was wondering due to this early information, about the location of the update and its effect on restoring backups from MS Pro.

NakMan

contempt
04-10-2003, 09:43 AM
I agree with you NakMan, it looks like the update will go in RAM and we won't have access to our cards after a hard reset, unless we install this file again. Oh well. I wonder why they didn't try to install it into ROM?

Eddy
04-10-2003, 01:40 PM
I'm using a Japanese OS of Clie NX70V/H, yeah, the patch is just release fresh off the SONY.co.jp today. I had it installed already into my NX70 & it's running smoothly with all the file versions updated accordingly.
Pretty fast work, milmber, I was just thinking about posting it too (but thought it'd only work smoothly on the Japanese Models),eg. mine. Also Jap ver upgrade available for the model NZ90/TG-50

As the update is only a patch it'll only go into the RAM, I must agree that this would post a problem when one have to backup from a hard reset off the "MS PRO".
Guess you'd have to re-install the patch off the "MS PRO" then soft reset, inorder for NX to read the "MS PRO".
Come to think of it, the "system update" (released back in DEC2002) was required inorder for users to read the "MS PRO" (that patch also went into RAM only), so wouldn't it have caused the same problem back then (in terms of backup after hard-reset) for those users who were already using the "MS PRO"?

Oh, by the way, "KURIE" is the actual pronunciation for "CLIE" in Japanese.;)

Eddy
04-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Well assuming that we're all owners of multiple Memory Sticks, perhaps just spare an extra MS to carry on the road primary for backup purposes.
Or you can simply use your PC to install the MS PRO patch so it can read the MS PRO stick, then backup right?
guess we just have to stick with our limit options.

OcellNuri
04-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Eddy

Oh, by the way, "KURIE" is the actual pronunciation for "CLIE" in Japanese.;)

Now.. that's the information I was looking for!

I agree though.. this should go into ROM not RAM. What is Sony thinking? I think that's the problem.. they arn't thinking.

aaronchow
04-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Oh, by the way, "KURIE" is the actual pronunciation for "CLIE" in Japanese.;) [/B]

This is a direct translation from a Japanese to English translation Engine, but... still...

Damn, I'm ashame that I'm from Hong Kong, too. I've told you (Hong Kong People) that CLIE is a French word, so it should be pronouced in French, not Japanese.

I remember the time I visited Hong Kong and went to some PDA shop to look for a suitable case for my beloved NR, and the staffs looked at me wirely as I pronounced it in the French way... They finally laugh at me and "corrected" me with their "actual pronounciation" as follows:

- C / Lie (See - Lie)
- Ku/Ri/E (Japanese Hiragana)
- Cli (Key with L)

In short, Japanese product doesn't have to be named in Japanese.

Okay, let's get back to where the topic is...

Token User
04-10-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by aaronchow
... They finally laugh at me and "corrected" me with their "actual pronounciation" as follows:

- C / Lie (See - Lie)
- Ku/Ri/E (Japanese Hiragana)
- Cli (Key with L)

In short, Japanese product doesn't have to be named in Japanese.

Okay, let's get back to where the topic is... BTW - My understanding is that the Japanese do not have an equivalent to the 'e (sorry, you know what the "e" looks like).

I think the French pronunciation is actually the correct one ...

"klee-ay."

Eddy
04-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Yep, Token User you got it, that's the exact pronunciation of "Clie", it's "klee-ay.", in French or Japanese! When read in Japanese it sounds exactly the same, "klee-ay." Funny how people can get all mixed up over a name of a product, and they call themselves a professhional dealer shop?:)

stronggeek
04-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Well assuming that we're all owners of multiple Memory Sticks, perhaps just spare an extra MS to carry on the road primary for backup purposes.
Or you can simply use your PC to install the MS PRO patch so it can read the MS PRO stick, then backup right?
guess we just have to stick with our limit options.

Or very soon be able to re-install the patches from the cf card as well!

n2ifp
04-10-2003, 10:39 PM
A spare stick is everyone's best bet. Heck if you get an MS Pro, it frees up the old purple 128mb MS for backups, drivers, and updates. Soon it will be like reloading Windows XP :D!

I call mine a klee whether anyone likes it or not ;).

stronggeek
04-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by n2ifp
A spare stick is everyone's best bet. Heck if you get an MS Pro, it frees up the old purple 128mb MS for backups, drivers, and updates. Soon it will be like reloading Windows XP :D!

I call mine a klee whether anyone likes it or not ;).

Yea Larry, I guess your right. No matter what media I store the drivers on -ms pro or cf , after a hard reset , I've got to re-intall the drivers from a reg ms or pc. I wish files installed in flash through JF showed up after a hard reset. Guess we can't have everything.

Later,

Paul