PDA

View Full Version : Hard Reset for sony ericsson

SpdFrk
12-20-2005, 06:19 AM
hey

i have a sony ericsson t610 and was wondering if there is a hard reset for it. my pin is blocked and i couldn't be buggered ringing up the company so if someone could help PLZ!!!!

Joel
12-20-2005, 08:03 AM
I believe there's no hard reset. You need your PUK for this.

pgenie
12-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Does it even have a reset button?

minimalposter
12-20-2005, 09:29 AM
hey

i have a sony ericsson t610 and was wondering if there is a hard reset for it. my pin is blocked and i couldn't be buggered ringing up the company so if someone could help PLZ!!!!

What pin is blocked? If it is the general unlock pin you may be able to Master Reset the phone. This should be under the preferences screen. To do this you will need the Master Code (which can be different than the user unlock code and is usually defaulted to 0000).

If you are trying to insert a new sim and it is locked you can not simply insert a pin number like a Nokia. To see if you T610 is "unlocked" enter <**< (with < meaning left with the joy stick) and it will show if the phone is unlocked. You can unlock the phone with a T28 cable.

If I was totaly off base on your question than I apologize. It is still early here :) Also I do not have a T610 but I do own a T608 (CDMA version) and a T637.

dragonsgames
12-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Does it even have a reset button?
Taking out the battery resets it ;)

SamuraiCatJB
12-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Taking out the battery resets it ;)

I had to do that on my LG every week for the last 6 months I had it... grrrr.... :) it is sooooo nice to be free of that LG.

zAchry
12-20-2005, 04:49 PM
my brother has a SE t500 (im not sure of the model)... it turns on but then just flashes... took it to a technician and he says it needs to be "reflashed"? and its too expensive.

i was thinking if theres something to be done like a hard reset to erase everything since the problem started after installing games in the phone.

i remembered i had one of the eariler nokia models and i took it to the store, and the store did something and erased eveything... everything was in default, like its pin code, security code... etc

so there must be something like a hard reset for the sony ericson

SamuraiCatJB
12-20-2005, 08:37 PM
they reflashed it. the phones have flash memory that does not erase, or reset. It must be manually reset. taking out the battery is a hard reset, but just as if you got a virus in your bios flash-ram/eprom, a hard reset does nothing to stop it, it is there when you turn it on. Reflashing the phone, clears all the data and sets it back to factory conditions.

zAchry
12-21-2005, 12:53 PM
they reflashed it. the phones have flash memory that does not erase, or reset. It must be manually reset. taking out the battery is a hard reset, but just as if you got a virus in your bios flash-ram/eprom, a hard reset does nothing to stop it, it is there when you turn it on. Reflashing the phone, clears all the data and sets it back to factory conditions.

ok.. so thats why...
how can we reflash? would you know how?

dragonsgames
12-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Take it to the place you got it ;)

SamuraiCatJB
12-21-2005, 02:05 PM
ok.. so thats why...
how can we reflash? would you know how?

exactly as mentioned above. They have a computer in the back which has an industrial version of a set of software you can get at radioshack for downloading your phone list.

They will download the phonelist (if the phone is working, in this case it is not), reflash the phone, and then upload the contacts list back to the phone (if the phone were working).

They did this to my LG in hopes that it would stop calling people by itself (without even logging the call too). It worked for that so that I could live to see a new phone. ;)

The process takes about 30 minutes, so be prepared to wait.